A birthday to a child can be the most special day of the year. Whether they have a large party with inflatable castles, clowns, and all of their friends or a small gathering with grandpa and grandma in the backyard, you want to make sure the focus of the day is love for them. You may be their parent, friend, or neighbor. No matter what your relationship is to this child and to its parents, a birthday wish is the perfect way to let them know you value them.
Take a look below for some unique suggestions of ways to say “happy birthday!” and pick the one that is perfect for your child’s special day. You know them better than many. So, write it in a card, email, or tell them in person. In any case, it is truly the thought that counts.
- Happy birthday to my sweet little peanut. You are already one year old and becoming such a special person. Here’s to a great year ahead, full of giggles and smiles!
- It’s hard to believe such a small gift can hold such big blessings. Happy birthday, sweet pea! I love you more every day.
- It is my wish that with each passing day, you know how much you are loved and learn to pass that love along to others, too. Happy birthday!
- I wish you a day of magical exploration and memorable fun with your friends. Happy birthday, buddy!
- As a daughter of the one True King, you are royalty by nature. Happy birthday, my princess!
- Beginning today, you are embarking on a new year of possibilities, hopes, and dreams. Here’s to the fulfillment of them all. Happy birthday!
- Count with me! 1…2…3…4! You are four years old today and I am so proud of you. You are one sweet, kind, and lovable child. Happy birthday!
- Dare to dream of unicorns, angels, and fairy godmothers. The world is what you make it, so be sure and make it full of happiness and joy. Happy birthday, sweetheart!
- Explore the world around you, my two year old. As you explore the world, we praise God for loving us and giving us you! Happy birthday, dear child!
- Never before have I met a child with your spunk and charisma. You are a joy to be around. Happy birthday!
- Farm sets and tractors,
baseballs and toys,
there is nothing like birthdays,
with fun little boys!
Happy birthday to the cutest twins around!
- Great big superhero wishes for you on your birthday!
- Love is a surprise. You don’t expect it until it arrives. Since the day you were born, love arrived to stay. Happy birthday to my lovable little boy!
- Happy birthday to the liveliest, merriest, and most entertaining kid I know! Have a fun day today!
- I know a beautiful girl who deserves the best birthday ever for her kindness to her family, friends, and teachers. Happy birthday!
- Jump for joy! Today is the birthday of a great little boy! Happy birthday!
- Keep it up! You are one awesome child. Happy birthday!
- May today bring you warm sunshine and cool breezes. Enjoy your day at the beach! Happy birthday.
- Once upon a time, there was a mommy who loved her sweet little girl. But that’s no fairytale! That time is now and that girl is you. Happy birthday my princess!
- To pursue joy, reach for greatness, and dream big. These are the wishes I have for you on this your birthday.
- Quite the young man God gave us. Happy birthday to our greatest blessing!
- Sweetheart, I wish you nothing but sunshine, rainbows, and all your dreams fulfilled as you grow older. Happy birthday to my dear granddaughter.
- Variety is the spice of life. With you and your sister, my life is very spicy! You two are something else. Happy birthday, kiddos!
- Today, I thank God for the sweetest neighbor girl around. You are such a light of joy for all of us. Happy birthday!
- Ready, set, go! Today is the day for playing games, blowing out candles, and enjoying who you are to the world. Happy birthday!
- Ultimately, I have to admit that you are one cool cat! Happy birthday, little brother!
- To my big sister, I am so thankful to have you in my life. You are a great friend and super fun! Happy birthday!
- Ever wonder why your dad and I love you so much? It’s because you are so very special. Happy birthday!
- There is one special three year old in this very room. Happy birthday, champ!
- Ice cream and cake? Don’t mind if I do! I love spending this very special birthday with you. Happy birthday!
- Seeing my granddaughter grow into such a caring young girl makes my heart swell with love. You make your grandma feel very proud. Happy birthday, pumpkin!
- Today is a day I will always remember. My little girl turned 10! Happy birthday to my favorite dreamer!
- I cannot help but tear up when I think of how this is the last year before you become a teenager. It is not because I want to hold onto the old days, but rather because I have great hopes for you in the years to come. You are a special boy and I look forward to knowing the man you will become. Happy birthday from your proud father/mother!
- Hey, kiddo! Last I checked, you were only knee high to a grasshopper. Now, you are taller than me. I hope your dreams grow as fast as you do. Happy birthday!
When it comes to wishing a kid “happy birthday,” no message is too silly, serious, short, or long. What matters is that the message is memorable and it lets them know you care. It’s not every day you have an opportunity to make them feel so important. Give a kid this gift of love and kindness by sending your message on their special day. And, who knows? Yours may be the message they remember for years to come.